Sweet almond oil is a carrier oil, but it can also be used as a fixed oil. This is an oil that can be used as a base for scent and aromatherapy purposes, or it can be used alone to soften your skin.
The tree that sweet almond oil comes from is the prunusdulcis, var. amygdalus tree. This tree produces white flowers.
Sweet almonds are the version of nut that you eat. Almonds are extremely healthy, as they contain no carbohydrates and are gluten-free.
Sweet almond oil is mostly composed of olein, and contains linoleic acid and glucosides. It’s full of protein, minerals, and vitamins that make is so nourishing and revitalizing to your skin.
Sweet almond oil is one of the most multi-purpose oils on the market today.
There are endless ways that sweet almond oil can benefit your skin. Here are just a few to help you get started with your daily routine.
- Get smooth and soft skin.
- Hypoallergenic oil that is safe to use on sensitive skin.
- It’s fully absorbed and doesn’t leave a greasy, sticky feel.
- Sweet almond oil naturally contains Vitamin E so you don’t have to add extra.
- Contains anti-oxidants to fight free-radicals that can cause damage.
- Heals up damage from the sun.
- Keeps skin soft and supple for longer.
- Can be used to decrease dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Can be used to ease a bad sunburn.
- Use the almond oil for skin whitening and to fix sun damaged patches on the skin.
- Relieve the itchiness and flakiness of eczema and psoriasis.
- Use it to relieve the discomfort of skin infections.
- Repair early signs of aging.
- Prevent and delay the signs of aging around face and neck.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Clean the skin by removing impurities and environmental pollutants.
- Use in replacement to foot or hand cream.
- Use as a soothing makeup remover.
- Treat dry chapped lips.
- Treat dry peeling cuticles.
- Soften dry elbows and knees.
- Soften calluses on overworked feet.
- Soothe a dry and itchy scalp with dandruff.
- Your personal oil treatment idea here.